Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

A fun weekend

So I am really playing catch up tonight. Three posts in one night! I'm on fire!

This post is about this weekend.

It was a fantastic weekend!

First, on Friday, I got my hair cut.

Now, normally this wouldn't be anything to blog about, but I did something drastic. I got a pixie cut! I have had my hair in a short to medium bob for about 6 years now.  I recently grew it out for the wedding. I was tired of having the same hair and same look.  I had been wanting to chop it all off for about a year now and finally had the guts to do it and I am so glad I did!

I was worried Mr. C wouldn't be a fan but he told me I look beautiful.  So, score!

Later on Friday evening I got to spend time with one of my best friends. Mrs. Rachel M. We have been friends since fourth grade and have become closer this past year. I brought over the fixings for Zuppa Tuscana.  We cooked and ate, then realized we had a hankering for something sweet. We made a run up to the grocery store for cookie dough. We picked out plain chocolate chip and peanut butter chocolate chip. Yum! When we got back home we baked the cookies while watching Frozen. I love our girl's nights!

Saturday was Cox Health employee day.  This is where Paul works as a surgical technologist. (That's the person who sets up the OR with all the instruments and hands tools to the doctor and helps the doctor with... whatever he tells them to, I guess.)  Anyway, employees and their family get free tickets to Silver Dollar City, a theme park in Branson, MO. We went with a couple from Paul's work.  We had a blast. Paul went on the rides with his co-worker and I stayed behind with Monty. (We aren't ride people.) The only ride I went on was a ride where you had to be like 2 feet tall or taller to ride. It's a ride where to float through a tunnel and shoot at targets placed throughout the ride. I think my ending score was like 3,800.  Paul's and our friend's scores were over 100,000.  I claim my gun was broken. After that ride we had dinner then parted ways.

Sunday I had to work. Normally this is an agonizing four hours of work. I am a nursery coordinator for a Lutheran church and normally on Sundays we don't get very many children, if any at all.  Well today I had at least three kids in the room at a time, and for a brief period of time I had more! It was wonderful! One of the little girls was cracking me up. She is about 3 years old. She kept calling everyone honey.  She would tell another child, "Honey, you can't play with that toy that way." or "Honey, finish your gold fish crackers!" Kids are something else!

After work, I picked Paul up and we went to one of our favorite restaurants for sushi.  We shared a roll and each got a teriyaki dish. It was delicious.

Then we picked up our dog and took her for a walk at the park.  We dropped her off at home then went on a drive to look at houses that we wish we could buy. (We won't be able to buy a house for probably at least 3 years.) We like to do this every now and again.  I love this because it get's us talking about our future and dreaming together. Things like, "Oh! That yard would be great for kids!" or "I can see ourselves having a bbq and fire pit in the backyard." come up. It's so nice dreaming about our future.

After that, we came home.  He began watching Grey's Anatomy (which I got him hooked to) and I began homework and writing my blog posts.  It has been a wonderful weekend.


My new hair!


Park selfie. Selfies are hard to take with a dog...

No comments:

Post a Comment