Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Honeymoon

So, I have been a bit of a slacker.  I had lost all motivation to do much of anything besides watch Grey's Anatomy this past week.  (You should see the pile of laundry I need to do!)

Anyways, I have been wanting to post about our honeymoon.  I wanted to wait a little while to post about it because I thought it would be more fun to reminisce longer after the honeymoon.

So I will begin with the simple fact that our honeymoon was fantastic! People asked us, "What all fun stuff did you do?" Well, we ate a lot, relaxed, and napped.  It was pretty great. No we did not go snorkeling, kayaking or on some excursion. And you know what, I am happy that we didn't.

We went to Rivera Maya, Mexico and it was our first time travelling outside of the country as adults (and without our mom and dad to take the lead.)   We wanted it to be easy and low-key.  Which it was.

We went to the most amazing resort! I highly recommend it!  The service was amazing. The food was amazing. The weather was perfect.  The best part of all, I got to spend this vacation with my best friend!

To sum up our days (we pretty much stuck to the same schedule every day):
     Wake up (me by 8 and Paul by 9:45)
     Breakfast at 10
     Pool or beach until a late lunch at about 3
     Nap until about 6 or 7
     Get ready for dinner at 7 or 8
     Hang out in the bars or courtyard until late

There were many different restaurants there. My favorites were the French and Japanese.  They were SO SO SO good! I wish I could eat my meals from there again!

I cannot wait to go back and visit this wonderful resort again one day.
 

In the lobby of the resort.


Relaxing on the beach.


The wonderful pool with a swim-up bar.
(This is only like a view of 1/3 of the pool.)


No comments:

Post a Comment