Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Finding the happy.

This week seemed to start off like any other week. 
Work. Class. Homework.

Then Tuesday night happened.

I found my passenger car window shattered.



No clue how it happened.


My first thought was, "This is JUST what we needed this month. Vet bill, eye doctor bill, and paying for a new car window."

I woke up this morning in a pretty bad mood. 

I was being very short tempered and was thinking a bunch of extremely negative thoughts.


"Well now we won't be able to go do fun things for a few weeks."
"Why is it when it rains, it pours??"

(These are just a small sample of what has been running through my mind this morning.)

Then, my dad offered to help us out if we needed it.

And then, on instagram, someone posted a picture of a saying. 

"There is always something to be happy about."

I really needed that this morning.  I began thinking,well, at least I still have a running car. I have a supportive family that are extremely gracious and would never let me get into bad financial troubles. I have a wonderful husband who came to my rescue last night after I found my window.(It happened in a shopping center at like 10 at night.) I thought about how thankful I was that my window had tint on it so that the window didn't completely shatter into my car. I thought about how both Paul and I have jobs that allow us to pick up extra hours of work if we so choose, so that we can make extra money to cover unexpected bills, such as this.

In the end, I realized that this is not the worst thing to happen.  Sometimes some not so awesome things happen to us to help keep us mindful of the all the good things in our lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment