Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Triple Date Night

So, it has been a while since I have posted.

I really only want to post when there are fun or exciting things to talk about, or if I am inspired. I think my greatest inspiration are friends and family.

So, on that note. I will write about a triple date night I had with some of my best friends.

Paul wanted to spend some 'us' time first.  There was an event downtown called Taste of Springfield and Oktoberfest.  It was an event where local restaurants served samples of some of their dishes.  You purchased tickets then used those tickets to get food.  It was so much fun! We got to try out food from restaurants we have never eaten at before, found a new place we want to go try out with my parents, ran into some co-workers, and had a much needed date.  I love weekends that I get to spend with my husband.

Later that evening we met up with our friends for a triple date.

Farren, Rachel, and I have all been good, well let's say best, friends since fourth grade. (This is when Rachel came to Sacred Heart School.) We have had our ups and downs throughout the years, but recently we have all became really close again.  We started doing girl's nights a few months back and then decided that we all needed to have a triple date night. We are all married, now, so we thought it was appropriate for our husbands to get to know each other.

We found a Saturday where we were all free and planned to go bowling then back to the Kizzire household for nachos and fun.

Bowling was great! I am not a huge bowler, but it was really enjoyable.  Everyone did really well, and we had a little healthy couple competition going on.  The Kizzires won, with the Morrises in second, and the Chernioglos in third.  I'm ok with that.  Farren is way more competitive and we wouldn't have heard the end of it if they would have lost.

We went back to Farren and Dayton's house to have dinner.  We made nachos and let me tell you, they were delicious! It was cool the way the turned out because everyone brought something different to include in the making of the nachos.  I made the chicken and bought sour cream, Rachel brought chips, beans, and jalapenos, Dayton and Farren supplied tomatoes, onions, cheese, and lettuce (and their house.)  What was unique was that Dayton had this seasoning that he added to the sour cream which made it extra delicious and made homemade guacamole. The collaboration made the nachos WAY better than if I would have made them just on my own. One of my favorite things about the night was being able to have dinner family style.  It is rare that I get to eat dinner around a kitchen table with friends or family (because of Paul's work schedule).  It is crazy how much you can miss little things like that. We had lots of good conversation and fellowship that evening.

After dinner the men-folk went off to do man things while us girls finished up the dishes and cleaning and then went to the living room to chat the rest of the night.

The night ended with Farren and I sleeping on the couch.

The next day Farren, Rachel, and I were texting saying how much our husbands enjoyed themselves and how they all asked why we haven't been doing this sooner.  Paul asked when the next one would be.

I would say the night was a HUGE success. Me and Mr. C cannot wait to do it again!







My attempt at being 'artsy'.

Us pretending to be laughing at something super funny. It looks so natural, right?

Our handsome husbands. I gotta say, we did good ladies! *wink*

Love my friends!

Taste of Springfield!

No comments:

Post a Comment