Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

When did we grow up?!

So, I began reflecting on life and where it has taken me the past few years.

Between graduating high school, going to college, getting a degree, having a few different jobs, my parents moving to a different state, and of course, my friends and I getting married, there have been SO many changes since 2010.

My best friend (more like sister), Farren, posted her wedding pictures on Facebook. This got me thinking about her wedding day, my wedding day, and then our good friend, Rachel's, wedding day.  I began looking through all of their pictures and remembering what beautiful celebrations they both had.

Marriage is such a special, amazing, fun, scary, frustrating, wonderful thing.  There is no one who I would rather do life with than Paul.  I know that Rachel and Farren feel the same about their husbands.  Looking at their wedding pictures, I can see the love and excitement in their eyes.  We are all young; 22 years old.  To me, this means we share something special. Our American culture seems to frown upon young marriages, like it means we are ending our lives or we won't be 'free' to have fun anymore.  I have heard many comments about how people cannot imagine getting married at my age because they have so much more living to do or they want to get their careers in order before they decide to settle down.  Getting married at a younger age is not for everyone and no one should get married if they are not truly ready for what marriage entails, but here is what I want to say. Paul is my best friend.  There is no one I would rather share life with than him.  Just because we are married, does not mean we don't have fun and don't live life to the fullest.  We go on our own adventures, support each other, and most of all love each other.  We are fully committed to each other and were fully prepared for marriage when we entered into it.

I love that two of my closest friends can relate to me in this aspect.  I see the love they have for their spouses and I am inspired by each of their relationships. They both live lives and marriages that are Christ centered. This is so inspiring and I hope to learn more from them and their spouses in the future.

I hope they don't get upset with me for sharing some of their wedding photos on my blog, but I just want to share how beautiful my friends are and share some special moments from their wedding day (and mine.)

Rachel and Josh

Farren and Dayton

The rest are of me and Mr. C. 





Thank you to two of my closest friends for doing life with me, sharing stories, being supportive, loving me for me, and just being doggone cool people. I love you!

1 comment: