Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Halloween fun

My friend, Farren, invited me to go to the mall with her last Friday evening. I thought this sounded like an awesome plan! As she was coming to pick me up, she called me.  She forgot that she had agreed to go to a corn maze with her husband and some friends, but she wanted me to come with them.

Now, I am an introvert, and proud of it.  I have been doing a lot of extroverting the past couple of weeks and let me tell you, it's exhausting. I wanted to say "No, I'll just stay home, read, and watch Mad Men." But I didn't. I agreed.  (Side note: Mad Men did not interest me at first, but after watching 4 seasons, I'm hooked.  It's a pretty good show, however, it is filled with a lot of "adult subjects."  The show may not be for everyone.)

She told me it wasn't a scary one, so I thought, "What's the harm?"

We carpooled with one of their friends and as we were driving there I hear Dayton, her husband say, "I'm going to be so scared tonight."

I looked over at Farren and yelled, "You liar!"  I am a big chicken and HATE anything scary.  I refuse to watch scary movies or go to haunted houses.

Well, I was committed because the (haunted) corn maze was an hour away and we were already almost there.

I was extremely anxious to start this corn maze.  But, after the first 20 or 30 minutes, I realized it wasn't so bad.  Just people in masks that jump out of the corn at you.  We had a pretty big group and I stationed myself in the group so I was the least likely to be the one who encountered the 'haunters' first.

In the end, I had a fun time and met a bunch of new people.

Sometimes it is good to do things that you wouldn't normally do- especially if it scares you.

I felt very accomplished because I faced my fears.

The next day the Mr. and I made our way to his mother's house. My parents were gracious enough to drive to Springfield to pick up our dog to dog sit for the weekend.  His mother doesn't allow indoor animals and CC wouldn't fare well outside all weekend long.

While in Sedalia, we not only spent time with his mom, but we went to our friend's family's Halloween party.  This party includes friends, family, food, hayride and haunted house.

After the haunted corn maze, I skipped going through their haunted house.  One scary thing per week is my new rule.

I love this Halloween party.  Paul and I have been going to this family event since we started dating, so going always reminds me of fun memories that we share.

Halloween is a fun part of fall, but for Paul there is something more important that happens in the fall.

Hunting.

This man loves hunting.  He gets so excited when he talks about it and works out his strategies of where he plans to put his camera and set up his deer stands. To me it sounds like the Charlie Brown teacher, "Waa waa, waa waa, waa waa..." But I just love seeing his passion show through.  I love hunting because I know it makes him happy, but I don't think I will ever join him.

While in Sedalia we went on a little walk to go check his camera. While out in the fields, I played with my, I mean our, new camera.  I got some pretty cool pictures. At least I think they are cool.  I enjoyed figuring out more about my, I mean our, camera for future use. I also got to take some pictures of the animals Paul's camera caught.

I had a wonderful weekend full of extroverting.  Now, I am glad for a few nights to spend by myself, being an introvert with a book and Netflix.



3 does



Turkey


A Coyote.


And a buck.  Paul was as giddy as a 6 year old on 
Christmas morning after seeing this on his camera.




I walked not even a foot into some brush to get a picture of the flower below.
I got covered in stick-tights (is that how they are spelled?). 
You can see all of the little dots on my leggings.


I think the picture was worth it, though. I think it is pretty cool.




Can you see my little spider friend on the flower? It's on one of the petals.


I was playing with close up stuff and focusing the camera.
I love how you can see all of the details on the dandelion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment